Monday, May 6, 2013
Day 6 - 30 Facts about Myself
I have been trying to get around to doing this one all day - it's not one of the easier ones because it involves more thought! (Don't ask about the chicken photo...long story) I am still completely mopey. I hope this improves - I am trying my best to keep busy, but at night I get sad and sit around being super mopey and wondering if the Boy misses me at all. And then I think 'god, another 20 bloody days' and it just seems so long!
Anywho, here are 30 facts about me:
1. I am not a natural redhead but a lot of people make the assumption because of my freckles and skin tone.
2. I have three degrees, and have been studying at uni on and off for about 17 years or so.
3. I am a natural speed reader and can read a book in an hour(ish). In early primary they thought I was faking it, but then I ended up skipping a grade instead.
4. In primary school I used to pretend my middle name was Georgina (like George from the Famous 5) because I don't have one.
5. I spent my senior year on exchange to Kentucky.
6. I have started learning to play the ukulele.
7. I have about 120 pairs of shoes (which I am now selling off due to my unemployment!)
8. I lost my father to cancer when I was 27 (and he was 56). It forced me to grow up.
9. My cats have all been named after brands of vodka.
10. I collect massive cocktail rings and wear them everywhere (except the gym).
11. I am allergic to all metals except for pure gold.
12. I am a passionate and emotional person, which I can't seem to change about myself (wish I could sometimes). I cry too often and obsess about things I cannot change.
13. I have 6 tattoos and I am dying to get more.
14. I love dancing although I am uncoordinated - in the past I have done bellydance, 4 years of poledance, lap dance, and am currently just moving up to the intermediate class in burlesque.
15. I marched in the Adelaide Fringe Parade in my knickers (as seen on this blog), which is when I met the Boy (at the Silent Disco).
16. My first concert was Bon Jovi in around 1987.
17. I struggle constantly with my weight, always wanting to lose the last 5 kilos. This is probably leftover from 13 years ago when I was anorexic. I should just relax about it!
18. I am a karaoke fiend - not good at it, but I ran a karaoke night for two years, so I have no shame. I do always get a standing ovation for my rendition of Ice Ice Baby.
19. I am obsessed with squirrels.
20. I am planning to do a trip to the Greek Islands for my 40th (3.5 years away).
21. I tell people I don't believe in star signs, but I obsessively read Jonathon Cainer's every single morning to see how my day is going to go.
22. I still count on my fingers.
23. I am terrible at camping. I hate the great outdoors.
24. I love glowsticks, fairy lights and anything glittery.
25. I suffer from terrible insomnia - I was hooked on sleeping pills previously and I have only just gotten off them again, but I am struggling at the moment.
26. I haven't swum in the sea since I was about 12, as a result of growing up in Port Lincoln (home of the great white).
27. I radiate heat in bed at night (which doesn't help with the insomnia!).
28. I have a permanent ringing in my ears from a Nick Cave concert years ago. No regrets though.
29. I have worn glasses since I was 10 - planning to get laser later this year. Although when I am not wearing my glasses I keep poking myself between the eyes when I try to push them up.
30. I used to be obsessed with Christian Slater when I was young - I had 315 posters of him.