Friday, May 3, 2013

Day 4 - Your views on religion


Another controversial one! Well not in my book, but it does get people the world over excited:)

I have always been an atheist - I was raised as one, never done the church thing etc. While I appreciate facets of religions I have no desire to convert at any stage. I do love the history of religion, and the beauty of religious buildings and images, and I often visit temples/churches when traveling.

Over the years I have had a few friends who have converted and become quite devout, and I am totally fine with that. The one thing I cannot stand is when people push their religion onto others - I'm happy if people offer information, but when that turns into pushing....

I do dislike the amount of hypocrisy it seems to bring - particularly when people over emphasise the exact wording of a religious document, over embracing the spirit of what it is teaching.

No comments:

Post a Comment