Thursday, May 2, 2013

Day 3 - Your views on drugs & Alcohol




An interesting one for Day 3. Especially considering what a mess I am today, and how much I feel like just getting drunk (how apt!). I dropped The Boy off to work this morning - he flies out tomorrow morning, but he is spending the night with his parents so I don't get to se him. He said he is terrible at goodbyes.  I stupidly blurted out my feelings when I dropped him off and it didn't get much of a response. So I am feeling a bit like Carrie in that episode of SATC when she tells Big she loves him. Crap:(

On a bright note I do have an interview next week.

Anyway - onto the topic at hand. I love alcohol - more of a wine drinker these days. I still struggle to keep my intake down, I am not great at stopping at one. And I tend to 'binge drink'. Not have anything on weekdays and then go out on a friday night and drink a whole bottle. I think everyone I know drinks like this!

Ever since I became unemployed (3 days!) I must admit I have felt bored and that is making me want to drink at night. I am a bit of a wine snob - I don't do goon. I love red and white equally but hate champagne.

And drugs?  I came of age in the 90s, and back in my early clubbing days we took Es like most other club goers I knew. I dated a few ravers, so I certainly partook (I don't think I could have tolerated the music if I hadn't). That kind of all stopped quite a few years back, when I just got too old for that shit. It doesn't bother me if others do though - personal choice and all that, as long as you are aware of the risks more power to you. I would rather go the wine these days!

1 comment:

  1. I can't belive you hate champagne! hahaha.
    When does the boy get back? Dont stress nor feel like Carrie - im sure it will be all fine ;)

    Good luck for the interview next week!

    - KK

    ReplyDelete