Saturday, May 4, 2013

Day 5 - A time you thought about ending your own life





Wow - heavy topic for Day 5! First  will give a mini update on my (non-exciting) life. The Boy left yesterday morning, so to distract myself from the fact that I wasn't allowed to go and say goodbye, my friend took me out. Of course there was waaaay too much vodka involved, and a whole lot of karaoke (on my part). Needless to say I spent yesterday moping, and feeling even more sorry for myself. The Boy would have arrived last night, but I have not heard a word from him....I am left wondering when I will (3 days is my prediction). I guess this is the difference between men and women - if it was my I would have let him know I had arrived safely!

On to the topic at hand - Suicide.

I guess there is one time in my life I seriously contemplated it, and that would have been 16 years ago, at the height of my anorexia. I think after I had been hovering at 30 kilos for a whole year, I just got to the point where I couldn't see any kind of light at the end of this particular dark tunnel. It took a stay in hospital, and a great counsellor to shake off this feeling. I never actually attempted anything though, it was strictly thoughts only...

No comments:

Post a Comment