Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Singapore Hotel

I thought I might upload some pictures and comments about my holiday in Singapore over the New Years period.

First post is about the hotel we stayed at for the first two nights - The Wanderlust Hotel in Little India. It hasn't been open very long, but I decided to take a chance, and boy did it pay off! I can't praise this hotel enough - friendly staff, and the decor is amazing. Each floor has a different theme by a different team of architects.

We stayed on the 4th floor - the 'Whimsical' level in the Typewriter Room. It had a loft style bed, the softest mattress and pillows I have ever experienced, with a separate flat screen up there. There was a free minibar with water and juice, a pod coffee maker, and ipod player, fluffy robes, free internet and buffet breakfast, and kiehls toiletries. Amazing.


Bar and Breakfast room

Sign in the lobby

Lobby

Typewriter couch

Hotel frontage


Loft Bed

Bathroom (under the loft part - shower left, toilet right)

Freestanding bath in the middle of the room

I definitely regretted only staying here two nights with 5 nights at the 5 star place (Swissotel Stamford). The service etc was much better at the Wanderlust, Little India is my favourite part of Singapore, and really, the value for money was much better with the free internet and minibar!


No comments:

Post a Comment